When a cyber incident strikes, your organisation needs to respond in the fastest and most appropriate way. How confident are you that you have the very best event monitoring and incident response plan? How sure are you that your current IT team or service provider are rapidly and proactively monitoring and managing your cyber security posture?
Why do organisations need cybersecurity monitoring?
Businesses today are constantly under threat of cyberattacks. Cybercriminals continually launch new and more sophisticated exploits with ransomware, viruses, phishing, and denial-of-service attacks that can spread throughout your network and computers. In 2018, 93% of malware was found to be polymorphic – meaning it changes to evade detection. So what are you doing to keep up with those changes?This means that you must always be on the defence. If you don’t have the right solutions and expertise to proactively detect and respond to advanced threats, your data is in jeopardy. Just one error can lead to devastating consequences.
You may think that your business is too small to be a target. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. Companies of all sizes are at risk. You must be on guard and protect your personal identifiable information, proprietary information, and other confidential data from being compromised or stolen.
What are SIEM and SOC?
SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management) is a tool that collects and normalises logs which are tested against a set of correlation rules that when triggered creates events for human analysts to analyse. It identifies, monitors, records, and analyses security events within a real-time IT environment. It provides a centralised and comprehensive view of the security of your IT infrastructure. A SIEM searches and filters data and can tell who did what, when, and from where. It uses predefined correlation rules from previously detected attack vectors. Then it provides audit-quality reports that can be used for compliance purposes.
SOC (Security Operations Centre) is a centralised unit of security analysts (and related job roles) that deal with security issues, using a variety of tools. A SOC uses SIEM software as a foundational component in gathering information from a high volume of diverse log data collected by computers and servers, as well as security devices like firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention services, databases, applications, switches, and routers.
Unfortunately, a SIEM is not a holistic cybersecurity solution. Organisations need more than a SIEM. You can invest vast amounts of time and money into a SIEM, but with the sophisticated and evolving attacks of today’s threat landscape, you need more; you need a SOC with 24×7 network security monitoring. But building a SOC is also complicated, costly, and time-consuming. In addition to buying and setting up your own SIEM, you’ll need to train a team of security experts to implement it. For most organisations especially SMBs, budgets won’t allow this.
The Xari SIEM SOC+
For those on a limited budget, Xari SIEM SOC+ provides the end-to-end security they need. What it is essentially is outsourcing a security service focused on threat detection and incident response. Xari SIEM SOC+ is cost-efficient because it doesn’t require investment in additional hardware, software, or staff. It’s quick and easy to deploy and manage, and you’ll have the security experts, process and technology you need to run a SOC.
Xari SIEM SOC+ protects your IT infrastructure and resources wherever they reside, including on-premises, cloud infrastructure, and SaaS applications. Key unique benefits include:
- Completely customised monitoring and compliance
- Scalable & cost-effective coverage of some or all of the IT environment
- Turnkey solution, requiring no resource investment
- Custom support and remediation from a trusted MSP
- Exclusive – not available from legacy MSPs or MSSPs or from any standalone software or hardware product
You’ll Benefit From:
- Predictable Pricing That Won’t Change – It’s based on the number of log sources or the volume of log data ingested, and on the number of employees, the number of servers, and the number of customer sites.
- A Complete Solution with No Added Costs – You won’t have to purchase any hardware or software. You’ll have an end-to-end service that includes a proprietary cloud-based SIEM, threat intelligence subscriptions, and all the expertise and tools.
- Hybrid-AI (Artificial Intelligence) With Human-Assisted Machine Learning – This provides ten times better threat detection with five times fewer false positives than a typical SIEM. It uses machine scale efficiency in a cloud-based multi-tenant architecture to process an unlimited number of logs.