According to Microsoft’s Non-profit Guidelines for Cybersecurity and Privacy, “Recent studies demonstrate that nonprofits generally lag for-profit organizations in adopting the robust policies, practices, and tools needed to adequately secure their environments.”
Download the full Guidelines here.
Quick Useful Stats on the Not-For-Profit Sector
- 60% do not know how their organisation handles cyber security risk, equipment usage, and data privacy
- 74% reported that they do not use multi-factor authentication to access agency email and other business accounts
- 46% reported that they regularly used wireless printers, webcams, and other bluetooth and wireless devices that are an entry point for hackers if left unsecure
- 92% stated their staff could access organisational email and files using their personal devices
- 62% of respondents reported they did not have, or were unaware of, policies that clearly identify personal data (whether of staff, beneficiaries, or donors) among the other data that not-for-profits collect
The Costs are Staggering
- Global costs of data breaches have reached US$2.1 Trillion last year
- 73.18% of US population with at least 1 compromised credential found within the Dark Web
- 86% of procurement departments would consider removing a supplier from their roster due to a breach
- Ransomware is on the rise, and the average cost of dowtime due to a ransomware attack is US$46,000
Human Factor is key
- 76% of people will use the same password for most, if not all, websites
Sign up for a free Dark Web Scan Report here. (100% Free. 100% Confidential)
Secure your Organisation
With Dark Web Monitoring we can persistently shine a spotlight on the darkest corners of the Dark Web, and know when any email with your domain extension ends up with credentials available (i.e. email addresses, passwords, date of birth, social security number, home address, driver’s license number).
Dark Web Monitoring is a threat monitoring tool that provides 24/7/365 monitoring for signs that a manufacturing facility has exposed and compromised email credentials on the Dark Web.
Read: Governance Toolkit: Cyber Security from the ACNC (Australian Charities & Not-for-Profits Commission)
Read more about our security solutions for NFPS here: Xari Xecurity Suite